BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last Night at Home::Bittersweet

Reality is starting to sink in....Tonight is my last night at home for the next four months and had the perfect night that anyone could ask for. It started out me taking a bike ride with Alec; where unfortunately he popped a tire halfway to Breese (Dale to the rescue). I then went to Julie's volleyball game against Freeburg (MD won and Julie played great) and said good-bye to my grandparents which was also hard...until my grandma informed me that she would be visiting me in Australia!! Comments of my grandpa: "Libby I'm sorry I don't know how to text else I would while you're down under". Gotta Love them! Alec and I enjoyed our last dinner together and he made note that it would be "the last dinner that we would go to and I wouldn't be able to have a alcoholic drink". Alec and I then came home and watched nothing better than HOME ALONE LOST IN NYC! Such a perfect night to spend at home with all of my favorite people.


I am now hanging out in my bed going over some last minute details and hanging out with Julie while she studies ( aka texting friends). I am just thinking of all the fun stuff I have done this summer and all the memories I have. I am also thinking about all the adventures that I will embark on in Australia and I am so excited!! This night is bittersweet because I am SOOO EXCITED to be in Australia learning about and living in a new culture, yet so sad to say good-bye to my family and friends. I know that I am so fortunate to be able to do this and I know if I didn't challenge myself by trying new things and places I would live with regret for the rest of my life. I know it will be hard, but I can do it and I will. I'm going to live in the moment and each day like it's my last, because I know while I am there I am going to enjoy it and it's going to go by way too fast!!


I just said good night to Alec while he had to return to STL for early morning class, and even though it won't be the last time I see him before I go it was still hard. I can't even imagine what it is going to be like when I say bye to my parents and Alec right before I get on the plane.


My flight leaves STL tomorrow at 7:10pm where I will be flying with Kiley to San Francisco and then onto Sydney and finally to Brisbane. I will arrive at my final destination on Sunday at 11am which will be Saturday at 8pm (there is a 15 hour time change). The first week that I get there I will participate in 'Bond Week' which is like an orientation before our classes start on Sept 12th. During 'Bond Week' I hope to meet many people, join some fun activities, figure out where my dorm is, and most importantly become familiar with the place that I will call home for 4 months! If you didn't already know my friend Marisa and I were asked to play on Bond Universities Beach Volleyball team; as soon as I arrive we will start training for the University Olympics that will be held in Perth the week of September 26th. I will be sure to post as many pictures as I can!


But for now I should get going before I have an anxiety attack about forgetting something to pack!! I should also help Julie study the Ten Commandments and hopefully teach her as much as I can before I leave; although I know she has a good head on her shoulders, I just hope that while I'm gone she continues to do so and listens to her older brothers who also look after her and care for her!  


My next post will be from Australia!!! YAYYyyyyy!!! 
SEEEyyaaa!
--libs

1 comment:

  1. Lib!
    So jealous/excited for you and I hope all is going well so far! It'll probably be a bit of a hectic first couple of weeks, but hang in there and keep laughing! Your blog is already so fun to read and I'm impressed you keep up with it so diligently--can't wait to read more over the next couple of months!!!
    Love you!!!!
    p.s. HI KILEY.

    ReplyDelete