BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Good Cop...BAD COP!

Mom and Dad

I have dedicated this entire post to talk about my first incident, and hopefully last with "Mom and Dad". So while living on campus again we have Resident Assistants who are here just to make sure everything is going good and help us if we ever need anything. Well we also have Senior Resident Fellows; well our residents fellows is a couple who are in their mid sixties who just look after the building, enforce rules, and hang out with them. I quickly gave them the name of Mom and Dad, because I view them as our parents while we are all here. However, I guess that I forgot that parents give us rules, and when we don't follow the rules we will face consequences...Up until two nights ago, Dad was AWESOME, loved playing beer pong with us, taking pictures of us, and just being a really cool dad to have (kind of like my real one at home), and Mom I mean she was OK...always would say hi and smile at us but just came off as a crabby strict mom (nothing like mine at home)!
At the music festival
So Thursday night started out great!...Marisa and I had volleyball training, and then we came back did some homework real quick and then got ready to go to the music festival on campus. So we all went to the small concert and realized quickly it wasn't that much fun and we would rather go back to our room have a few drinks and hang out with some friends before we got on a bus to go to our favorite night club, "East". So that's what we did, we apparently we have a really cool room, and of course Marisa and I are a lot of fun, and our room just happens to ALWAYS be the meeting place. So we were all getting ready to walk out the door when Mom peered in, and saw me drinking from a glass bottle (which is the ONLY rule against drinking, that we can not drink from glass bottles, but wine bottles and hard liquor is OK..doesn't make sense but it's a rule). We she then proceeded in to ask me what I was drinking, and I said "this great drink, want some?"Well apparently she didn't and wasn't too happy to see Marisa and I with glass bottles in our room. She then asked if we would have a meeting with her...and then proceeded to tell me that there were too many people in my room and we were too loud. Long story short...We had to meet with Mom and Dad, and we have quickly concluded that Mom is BAD COP and Dad is GOOD COP! Although we did just get a warning they were happy with our respect for them and for understanding of the rules, they also told us we were lucky we were the last students to get a warning...I think really it's because Dad wants to still be included in our fun of beer pong and other drinking games, and I also think Mom was crabby with us because we never invite her to join, but only her "hubby" as she likes to call him... So as much as I enjoy the freedom of living here with no rules from my parents, I also like to think that everywhere we go no matter who we are with or how old we are there will ALWAYS be rules, and with rule you must follow. So my lesson was learned this week, and although I am old enough to drink there will still be rules and we must respect, understand and follows those rules to stay out of trouble.
NO WORRIES, real Mom and Dad (aka Jan and Dale) I am not in any trouble, and have remained good friends with Fake Mom and Dad. You have taught me to always respect others and that is what I did.
However, I couldn't let this ruin my night, so we all left and went to East our favorite night club in Broadbeach and we had a great time! I would also like to not that we had a dance off with everyone in our group, we had this special hat and whenever it was placed on your head it was your chance to go in the middle of the group and show your moves. I would like to claim victory for myself, because I am the one who walked away with the hat and now has the hat hanging in my room as a memorabilia of my first successful dance off.

SEEE yaa--
lib

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa LOVE the picture of mom and dad...
    it is starting to get colder here and I am always thinking about you, the beach, and all the fun you are having! miss you badgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story, but you will never out-do me in that realm, if ya know what I mean (...and that is not supposed to be a challenge).
    Mimi was up at ND this weekend and it's safe to say that if you were here, you could have skipped your ab workouts for about a week...mine are still sore from laughing. I think the one that did me over was when she told my friend she knew the only reason he was dating his girlfriend was because she has huge tits...didn't see that one coming, but then again, it's Mimi

    ReplyDelete