BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Rainy Day

Rain Clouds over BroadBeach

Today, we woke up and we had every intention of going to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary but rolled out of bed and saw that it was our FIRST rainy day. So I was productive and went to the gym and ran a 6.5K (~45 min) and did some weights. I also found our 4th person on our team going to Perth ( unfortunately I think she is the "drunk girl" the one that we always see at Don's stumbling everywhere...but HEY maybe she knows how to play volleyball and I guess we will for sure have a great time with her!).  I also found a job on campus, my volleyball trainer asked Marisa and I to ref Monday night games for $10 AUD per game! I took this advantage thinking that it would be a great way to fund a fraction of my trips and other unnecessary expenses. We are now all sitting around our room and I think we have decided that for the day we will go to Surfer's Paradise and go bowling, putt putt golfing, and possibly a trip to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. I think we have also made an executive decision to travel to Thailand!!!
Some of my cousins on Family Cruise 2008

I also was fortunate enough to talk to most of my cousins on the phone; they were all at V&H for my cousins birthday party. I am sad not to be there but Martin sure gave me all the details of what I was missing. According to him, there was this wedding party with a really short and fat bride and a tall skinny groom and all the bridesmaids were fat and short..?? O how I miss Martin's company! I also was able to talk briefly with Thomas, but I don't think he had enough patience to talk to me on the phone. I'm so glad I can stay in close contact with my family while I'm here, at first I thought it would be harder for me to talk on the phone with them thinking I would miss them too much...however, I really like talking to them and at some times I become nostalgic for my family and friends but I know I have to take full advantage of my time here and it's going to go by way too quick to be sad!

I need to get ready for indoor activites today, but I just wanted to add another short post for all those people who get bored with the long ones!!

SeEEE Ya--
lib

OO YEAHh....JULIE AND JOEY CONGRATS WITH BOTH VICTORIES THIS WEEK!!! Central and Freeburg!!!

1 comment: