BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OKTOBERFEST in BRISBANE!!!

I promise I have not given up on blogging I am just a little behind!! I will catch up this week!!

After a stressful week attempting to prepare for my midterms I spent Thursday night at the local Don's Bar and then went to the "Tavern" and enjoyed a night out with everyone. It wasn't the usual Thursday night, where I normally go to Don's and then onto East and normally don't get back until around 4-5am. However it was nice to see other places and new faces and also have a productive Friday which is also something new here ( I normally am bedridden every Friday). Last Friday I spent the day catching up on some homework and readings that will help me for my midterms. I also am still training, I am up to about a 8K now but I have also started biking because Marisa asked me if I wanted to do a triathlon in November so I am training accordingly for that as well. On Friday evening Kiley, Allie, and I decided to have a girls night out  (Marisa went to New Castle to visit a friend). We went to this amazing hibachi restaurant at Promenade in Robina, after dinner we decided to go to a movie and went to see "The Town". It was one of the best movies I have seen in a while, definitely recommend it!! At the movie theater here not only do they have reclining chairs, ice cream bar, and candy bar...but they also have assigned seats and Australian's take it very seriously where they sit in a theater; a bit different than the States. 
Saturday was beautiful here!! We woke up and went to lay out by the pool for a bit, and then we decided on limb to go into Brisbane and see what the Oktoberfest is all about. BEST DECISION EVER!

Us three girls got ready and ventured off to Brisbane; at the bus stop in front of Bond we met this group of girls and they were also going to Oktoberfest!! We spent the rest of the day with them; they were really fun girls and they live right next to us at Bond so we will definitely be hanging out with them more!! We arrived at Oktoberfest and it was this LONG line of people up the street! Luckily it went by pretty quick and once we got in and got a wrist band we headed straight to the "drink coupon" tent; where we purchase a stein and beer tickets. We then proceeded to the beer tent where I decided to try a "Slander" which was 3/4 beer and then lemonade although I don't like beer it was pretty good!! We then walked around a took in the atmosphere and different cultures. Kiley, Allie and I decided to try a Chicken Schnitzel; I didn't like it though. As we were walking around it reminded me so much of the Spassfest  back at home; there were guys wearing lederhosens all over and it reminded me of my family! After meeting a lot of people and and polka dancing and a couple drinks (I may of been the only person there drinking wine instead of German beer) we decided to head home. It took us about 2 hours to get back home, when we got back we were all dead tired and just called it a night!
SUNDAY=LIBRARY ALL DAY!
My midterms have started this week and I spent 10 hours of my Sunday in the library preparing for them. I had my Love, Sex, and Relationship midterm yesterday (Tuesday) and I think I did really good on it! I am now currently getting my Photography Portfolio together which is due on Monday and also preparing for my English presentation which is also Monday. I will show you some of the pictures that will be in my blog, and you can see all if you have facebook. Tonight we have Goon Olympics, which is an event where we all much bring a box of wine (much like Franzia in the States) and we participate with our team in different goon drinking events! So I am interested to see how this goes! Marisa and I are trying to plan where to travel this weekend, I think we are going to go to Moreton Island which is near the Great Barrier reef; while we are there we will be doing hikes, boating, and just enjoying the scenery! Kiley's mom, sister, and grandma are coming here on Sunday and I am so excited to see them!

I will update soon on our finalized plans for this weekend! Hope all is going well at home!
SEEEya--
lib

No comments:

Post a Comment