BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Night Life in Perth


When I signed up to go to Perth to "play volleyball" I was actually thinking that it was going to be this huge athletic competition and I thought it would be perfect for me, because I love to play sports and I love to compete. However, after I arrived at Bond I was quickly informed that the Uni Games is very comparable to spring break with a little bit of sports. As many of you know partying with a little sports is the PERFECT combination for me! About 3 weeks before we left all of the athletes were given a tentative schedule of "social events" that would be taking place each night in Perth. Each "social event" had a venue (ALWAYS a NIGHTCLUB) and also a theme (BEST PART OF IT ALL). So Marisa and I were thinking that we should get costumes and be so prepared for each night; due to our lack of procrastination and busy schedules it was the night before we left and we didn't have anything. As you will read this was no problem at all!

So as the previous post talks about our first night in Perth, which was Team Colors themed. The next nights theme was "Beauty and the Geek", so of course we went as the Beauty. When I say "we" I mean Sarah, Marisa, and I decided that each night we are going to try in some way to match each other so you can tell we are teammates. So for our wardrobe we thought it would be good to dress in a black skirt and a white tank top and wear big sunglasses with a scarf over our head. For Monday night we had a team dinner at this Vietnamese place where they just brought out a lot of vegetables, meat, and rice.  I really felt bad for the people who were at the restaurant thinking they would enjoy a nice quiet dinner; because, that is definitely not what they got. It was about 40 of us in this restaurant BYO (which is very common in Australia, it means bring your own alcohol) where majority of us brought boxes of goon, and finished majority of the goon. After dinner we went back to our hotel to hang out a bit before the buses took us to the venue for the night. Unfortunately I didn't make it out that night; the wine and cruisers at dinner got the best of me.

 On Tuesday night the theme was "Retro Sports" and this night it got a little out of control. We had another team dinner at this great Italian place where again it was BYO. So we are put in this back corner of a room and I sit down at the rugby table across from Marisa and Sarah; however, Killer (crazy 27 year old "lawyer") sits down right next to me again! He talked the whole dinner, telling VERY inappropriate stories, jokes, and finally shut up after he drank too much and he had to run outside and did not return. We then thought we would just walk to Northbridge (where all the bars are) which is about a 2 mile walk. We finally arrived at the night club, and we were informed that Sarah, Marisa and myself were to witness the rookies on the rugby team complete their challenge list. This is when the lists started; the older rugby guys thought it would be funny that the younger ones would complete a list of ridiculous and VULGAR task. Needless to say, we were unable to witness most, nor did we want to. This is also the night where Marisa and I picked up our "klepto antics".
We challenged ourselves to gather as much memorabilia from whoever we could. The entire night we had our eye on this dump truck that we saw earlier in the night. Unfortunately when we finally found it after searching for over an hour we were upset to learn that this dump truck was literally handcuffed to this guys arm. I think we ended the night with about 3 other teams hats! It was a great night for us and our headache in the morning was proof.

Wednesday night the theme was "Emergency Services". I apologize in advance that this part might not be suitable for younger kids. However, I do want to share what we dressed as. We were really struggling to find a costume, that was until we were cleaning our room up a little and I came across the condoms that they passed out when we got to Perth (No Worries they were NOT used and they came in EVERY ONES bag) and I thought we should be "Emergency Contraception" we just all wore white and pinned a condom on us and wrote Emergency Contraception on a small orange paper that was pinned to us. We didn't have a team dinner this night but a large group of us decided to go to this Asian restaurant, where yet again it was BYO. This was the night that the older rugby boys had a list, and it was beyond ridiculous. The list was so repulsive that I can't talk about any of their task on the blog. We were also given a list but ours was fine and it was just challenges; such as, have an epileptic fit on the dance floor, lick the top of a pepper shaker, and do random shots.  This was also the night where Marisa and I managed to walk out of the club with 13 different emergency service hats, and a toilet seat. I think it is safe to say we are officially kleptomaniacs. GREATTTT night!!! 


Rugby Guys
Thursday nights theme was "Gender Bender" so you can only imagine how ridiculous our costumes were. Since we are great friends with the rugby guys we borrowed some of their clean jerseys and some spandex as our boxer briefs. This night we had another team dinner at the same Asian place that we ate at on Wednesday. It was a great night full of girly boys and jockey girls. O yeah I want to add that EVERY night at dinner I have had the privilege of sitting right next to Killer, this made each dinner so interesting. 
Friday was our last night to go out and it was definitely a great one... according to my pictures. The theme for Friday night was "Go for Gold", we were to dress up in ALL gold. Well since I didn't have much gold I thought yellow would be suitable. This was our last team dinner of the trip and we went back to the first restaurant. At this dinner we did "kangaroo court" where the captain of our team has to tell about the highlight of the week and who deserves the beer. Clearly I received the beer for saying something really funny on the volleyball courts that made almost every other UNI remember Bond. Last dinner next to Killer and I have some GREAT videos of him singing this time! Our night ended when Sarah, Marisa, and I decided to have a sword fight with our gold swords and they all broke!



Every night in Perth was amazing!!! It really was like a spring break for me, I loved everything about it. Not only did I get to go out, and play volleyball everyday but I also met some great people who I love hanging out with. We also got to see a beautiful city with amazing night life!!! Perth so far has been my favorite place to visit!!!  The pictures on the right and left show you our entire room with 3 little beds and one really messy tv area. I really hope you enjoy this post, unfortunately I can't put everything on the blog I don't think my parents would appreciate it...But, I would love to tell all my stories to those asking!!!Ok so now I need to catch you all up on what we have been doing for the week since we got back to Bond Uni, but for now I need to do some homework and catch up on my sleep. 

But just for a little update; this weekend I went to Byron Bay and had a blast surfing and going on a brewery tour! Lastly I would like to note that it has been raining for a complete week; and when I say rain I mean pouring and SO windy!!! Marisa and I were talking tonight and we really feel like we are on Noah's Arc. So pray that we get some sunshine soon!!!
SEEEyaa

1 comment:

  1. thanks libby for the lollies timtams and fruit pastilles. we really like them

    ReplyDelete