BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary

After spending all of Saturday outdoors and in the woods and mountains Marisa and I just didn't have enough...We woke up Sunday morning with no big plans; however, Marisa and I feel that if we just let a day go by without doing anything we are wasting our time here. So of course we planned at day at the Zoo!! We got on the bus to take us right there and once we got there we had to buy tickets to get so that we could do the rope course that we read about.


Our first stop when we got there was to hold Koala Bears!!!!! That is one thing I thought I would do as soon as I arrived in Australia I had this image that Kangaroos would be jumping around the streets and Koala's would just be everywhere!! However, I was wrong...I come to find out that in fact Koala Bears are actually becoming extinct and are the most expensive animal in the zoo! When I held Ava(the name of mine) she started pooping and was actually really heavy, but still so cute!!

After holding the Koala's we then went to the rain forest/woodland area where they mix the birds from each environment and the birds were beautiful!! At the zoo we also saw Dingos, Wombats, Wallaby, Echidna and many other animals! However my all time favorite animal was the KANGAROOS!!!!! They were so cute and so much fun; Marisa and I both bought some food and we sat around and played with them and fed them! We also went to see the tree kangaroos and they were also so cute! I also learned that Crocodiles have a point in their lives where they don't eat for 6 months...but the problem is we never know when the 6 months are. 

Marisa and I then went on the 'High Rope Course' which was one of the hardest thing I have done both mentally and physically. We started out on the green course which wasn't too challenging just kind of scary. It involved tight rope walking, zip lining, monkey bars, climbing up high ladders, backwards zip line and other activities and then we proceeded to the red course where we did the same activities but about 20 meters higher and more intense...At this point I was sweating and was so tired, but of course I couldn't stop without finishing the entire course. The black course was ridiculous!!! It was at least 50 meters in the air with the most challenging courses; I felt like I was on fear factor!! At the end of the course Marisa and I were so happy to complete it all and we walked away with sweat dripping everywhere!
After the course we wanted to go back and see the Kangaroos; at this point the park was almost closed and there was no one but us in the kangaroo cage! We had so much fun, we were playing around with them jumping with them and we even got to see a Joey in the pouch of his mom!! Joey (my brother) I was thinking of you!!!

When it was time to leave we visited the gift shop and I bought some coconut and fudge!! I think when my mom and grandma come for a visit we should go back and do the Wildlife night party; it where you go for a BBQ buffet dinner with Aborigine dancers, and a late walk around the park!


One Monday I went to see Mrs. Enno and Lexi!!!! They came in town for about a week! We all went to dinner and celebrated my birthday a little early...It was a great night to see familiar faces and spend time talking about everything we have done so far! Tonight we are going to the Chocolate Bar for dinner and then a movie with the Enno's!  For now though I need to skype Alec and catch up with him! He had his first basketball scrimmage, and I am so proud of him! He is doing a great time balancing homework and his basketball... The other day he skyped me from the library and I almost fell over!!! GOOD JOB ALEC!!!

Now I need to get going to my Psychology Tutuorial, but I hope to post another one soon before I leave for Sydney! Hope all is well at home!! I can't believe it's almost Halloween!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE SCARY WEATHER!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
SEEya
lib

1 comment:

  1. love the roos and koala...but where is the sydney weekend update!?

    ReplyDelete