BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Italian Dinner and Wine Night with My Other Family!!

AHHH... I have been waiting for last night all summer!! I went to my best friend Kiley's house to enjoy some quality time with her eventful family! Ever since we met via facebook over two years ago before going to the University of Dayton for our freshman year; I knew that not only would she be a best friend that I would always be close with, but I also knew her family was just like mine (one that is always open to meeting new people and so loving to all). 


Mrs. Enno Surfing in MI
Lexi
Well I sure got the welcome that I was hoping for...I walked into her house almost peeing my pants from the hour car ride ( I guess another trait I have received from my mom) hugging her mom before running out the door, yelling at Nick and Lex to clean up the dog poop while they start arguing and then Kiley holding Olivia who starts to fuss then joins in yelling at Mrs. Enno it might of been one of my favorite entrances yet. 


Kiley's family is very similar to mine, we always joke how scary it is... We both have six people in our family, Ki and I both have an older brother with a younger sister and brother, we both share our family vacation spot in Destin, FL for many years now, our dads are both involved with numbers/money, and our moms whether they like to admit it our not both enjoy online shopping, and most important being a mom. 


Ki, Me, Nick
However, as the night went on we all enjoyed dinner from my favorite restaurant in Springfield, Saputo's, and as Nick intelligently pointed out..."It's funny that the next generation is all enjoying wine and dinner, while our parents aren't here" we enjoyed dinner with wine just us kids. The dinner talk with the Enno family is to die for, you just never know what is going to be said (mostly this is directed towards Nick), however, this dinner was different from the past; Brittany also joined us who is Michael (Kiley's older brother) girlfriend, and of course baby Olivia, and unfortunately Alec wasn't able to partake in the fun night like he normally does. As we finished up dinner the parents came back and of course it just became a lot more talking and telling stories. 


It was a great trip to Springfield, and it made me even more excited to spend the next 4 months with my best friend in Australia. I know Ki and I have been through a lot in the past 2 years, but I can't imagine my college years without her or her family. I know I will be close with them for the rest of my life and that is very important to me. 


Ki, Michael, Me
Although I had to say good-bye this morning I know I will see them at the airport on Friday!!!! It is almost going to be as hard for me to say bye to them as it is my own family, because they have made me feel like I am apart of their family in the past two years. Much love to the Enno family!!!


Now I have decided to devote my day to packing and organizing and hanging out with Lauren before going to my sisters volleyball game!!!! Be sure to check back tomorrow for a post regarding my last "Fun, Fat night" with the three best friends anyone can ask for! 


SEEEyaaa
--lib
P.S. The pictures were taken last summer when I went to Michigan with the Enno family, we enjoyed a day of family surfing. The photos were thanks to our photographer Mr. Enno

No comments:

Post a Comment