BOND UNI

BOND UNI
My home for the next 4 months!!

Monday, November 15, 2010

SKYDIVEEE BYRON BAY!!


YESS! I DID IT!! I jumped out of an airplane at 14,000 feet above the ocean looking down the whole east coast of Australia! While up in the air I also got to see the eastern most tip of Australia!...However, it wasn't that easy.


Two weeks ago we were suppose to leave early Friday morning for Byron Bay where we would jump Friday and spend the rest of the weekend hanging out at the beach and just exploring...Unfortunately the weather in Byron Bay is very unpredictable and due to high winds and rain we were able to jump. I decided to go back to Bond for the night and we were going to attempt to jump again on Sunday!...I spent all of Saturday doing homework and papers and just laying out....AND then..SUNDAY!! OUR DAY TO JUMP!!...The van picked us up at 7am and it was kind of cloudy but he told us we would be fine. We got to the dive cite and of course it was raining, they push back our time for about two hours. Allie and I decided to go to the market in town that was held on the first Sunday of every month. It was basically a bunch of gypsy stand selling random "goods". It was then time to head back to see if we could jump...Finally the guys said we could but we needed to hurry!...As I was suiting up I couldn't believe what I was about to do!!...(All without my parents having any idea). I got on to the plane and then it hit me...and then the girl told me I would be the first to jump and then I knew I was crazy!! After flying for about 5 min I asked if we were there, I quickly learned we weren't even half way!! We reach 14,000feet and next thing I knew I was sitting at the edge of an airplane with my legs hanging out and not being able to see anything because we were so high up in the clouds! ALL OF THE SUDDEN.....I was free falling with ice, and wind hitting my face not really knowing what was going on. I was screaming so loud and so out of control (the pictures only show 1/5 of my emotions). After about 70 seconds of free fall the chute was pulled and I was gliding over the coast! The most beautiful sight since I have been in Australia! I landed safety after a free flips in the air and I was standing on the ground alive and happier than ever!!!

Eastern most point of Australia

Needless to say..I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN!!! Coolest thing I have ever done in my life!!! Hope you all enjoy the pictures! I know I'm really falling behind but I have been so busy with my social life!
SEEya-
libby

No comments:

Post a Comment